Friday, November 03, 2006

A present....

Musings...

I was freezing my hands off while mowing leaves this afternoon. I think it's the last batch of leaves I need to get off the lawn! With all the young'ns off to other pastures, the job of raking 1/2 an acre has gotten too much for an old man like me, andf so this is the first year I tried mowing the things. It actually works quite well. My trusty John Deere STX38 plows through the leaves quite nicely. In zambonee style, I put the leaves in nicely orderly strips which took no time to rake and pile on the compost heap. I received such satisfaction! Anyway... as I was riding the mower, I continued to muse. About gifts... God gave us a pretty special gift when he sent his son to die for us. Of course, at the time we goofed up and couldn't see what God was doing. So we screwed up big time and killed him. Tossed out the gift as if it had no meaning to us... little did we know! A couple of people very dear to me received a gift from God a little while ago. They lost the gift. I hope they're ok cuz it hurts some.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should blog again
~Laura