Sunday, January 11, 2015

... stuff

I'm sitting here in the living room.  Before church I packed away the Christmas CD's and loaded five others in the player.  Michael Card is playing.  The sun, seldom seen these days, is doing a pretty good job of poking through the clouds.  And so on a quiet Sunday, it's time to blog again.

I had been reflecting about 2014 and all the things that had happened.  There was so much stuff that ironically it all seems kind of blurry... unquestionably surreal.  

Anyway.. I'll jot down some other stuff that has nothing to do with 2014.

I've begun reading some fun books lately, on top of the deeper stuff like C.S. Lewis' "God in the Dock".  Without repeating myself too much, I find I creep so slowly through his books because I need to chew on the stuff so much.  I'm reading the lighter stuff because I'm getting pooped and I find it helps to escape for a bit.  I've started a good book by Schaap.  He writes made-up stories about folks in a church that a made-up pastor served at.  It's good stuff.

The CD player flips to Steven Curtis...

This morning as I was getting dressed for church I reached for a pair of socks in my sock drawer.  The drawer was loaded with socks.  It felt good to see all of the clean socks.  Not because they were clean-socks-filling-a-drawer, but because behind that full drawer was someone who loved and cared.  There's a lot of deeper meaning to that... just saying.

On the last two Saturdays we spent time doing new stuff.  One Saturday we browsed shops on Locke Street.  We had a great soup and scone at the Brown Dog Coffee Shoppe, and a tea and coffee at a corner tea shop.  Quite fun.  Yesterday we went to the The Windmill Country Market in Mount Pleasant. It's a great Dutch kinda store with great food, a grocery store, furniture, and lots more.  We blew a wad... easily done there...  We loved the place.  It's  stuff like that when we realize that just perhaps the unexpected inevitability of calling Hamilton home might just happen.  

Hmm.

That's it for now.  I catch myself thinking of what 2015 might bring.  And then I am reminded that God tells me, always, that today is enough.  He's right.  My prayer is that all of our today's will be good "enough's".

No comments: